Friday, June 20, 2008

Bool Gogi - (불고기 양념)

Needed:

1 cup soy sauce
2 cups water
3 tb sesame seeds
2 tb sesame oil
6 tb sugar
3 tb minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon rice wine
green onions - however much you want
1/2 onion
1/2 asian pear



I started off by putting just under one cup of soy sauce in my measuring cup. Later I did a taste test and added more soysauce, so I think 1 full cup would be perfect.



Then I filled it up to the 3 cup line with water.



I added all the other ingredients (some aren't pictured) Sesame seeds, sesame oil, minced garlic, sugar, etc.



Then I added the chopped up green onions and onion and APPLE. I didn't have any Asian pear in the fridge, so I just used an apple. =P I'm sure it'll taste fine...but Asian pear is probably the better choice. keke.



I like to cut the onions up really small.



Here's the meat I bought at the market today. It didn't end up being a lot...



After all that, just marinate the beef overnight...I'll show you the finished product tomorrow when we have it for lunch~ =) And I'll make any adjustments to the recipe that I might think it'll need after a taste test.



I had about half the marinade left, so I stored it. I'll probably use it to marinate more beef later in the week.



The next day you can pan fry the bool gogi on a steaming skillet or you can try this~ Just get some anchovy broth and add boolgogi, dak myun, enoki mushrooms, onions, green onions, and some gook jang. It's bool gogi jungol! So yummy and a change from regular boolgogi.

9 comments:

  1. i always make your bool gogi. so yummy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. do u have a japchae menu?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont have asian pear either so im gonna use an apple too =) but do i have to mince it? or just chop it up into pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sooshi - You should mince it because you want the juices from it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok. this bulgogi is yummy. i was a little worried about all the water that you put in your recipe. the extra water made the meat stay soft. i'm going to use this recipe from now on. i felt like a real chef for the first time tonight. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use grated Asian pear in my bulgogi and kalbi marinade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to make this! but I was wondering how many does it serve? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the recipe! I extracted the asian pear, I just out the juice and stored in a ziplock bag so the meat will be able to absorb the marinate. yummylicious! :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks delicious~ :o
    i am planning to make it tomorrow nigt. i was wondering how would you extract the juice from the asian pear? what are your recommendations? extracting the juices by using a blender or just chop it up or etc.?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share