Friday, June 20, 2008

Lamb Chops glazed with brown Sugar

After I discovered this recipe online at Allrecipes.com last year, it has become a family staple.



I buy my lamb chops at Whole Foods and the butcher cuts the meat into 2 bones per chop. This recipe is for about 2 lbs. of lamb.



I just take my heavy duty knife and cut them up individually, then wash each lamp chop thoroughly and pat it dry.



In a separate bowl I mix the following ingredients which is good for about 2 lbs. of lamb. I actually had to double the recipe for the 3.5 lbs. of lamb I bought...
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 4 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 4 teaspoons dried tarragon
  • 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use fresh garlic)
  • 1 teaspoon salt


The juices from the fresh ginger and garlic makes the marinade saucelike. I just dip each pice of meat in there and make sure to rub the sauce over the meat to coat it thoroughly.



When all the meat is coated, put it into the fridge overnight or at least for 3 hours.



I then get a pan and drizzle some olive oil on it and let it sit on high heat until I can see the steam rising off the pan.



Fit as many pieces of lamb as possible and grill for about 1.5-2 minutes on each side. Let it sear nicely on each side and then place on a lined baking sheet.



After all the meat is seared and ready, pop into the oven on 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.



I save the left over marinade and coat the meat when there's about 10 minutes left on the timer.



Voila! Yummy lamb chops that even a person who isn't fond of lamb can enjoy. It's not gamey at all! The original recipe called for this to be grilled on a grill. But we're much to lazy to break out the grill in our TINY patio, so I just pan fry it. Try it! I promise it's not lamb-ey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share