Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Shabu Shabu - (샤부 샤부)

The MR and I couldn't decide what to eat today, so I decided to make some Shabu Shabu at home. It's probably the simplest dinner to make.



You can purchase Shabu Shabu meat at almost any Korean market or even Ranch 99.



I always buy this pre-made sauce that they sell at the K-market.



I take some moo pieces and puree it in my food processor.



Then I just add a little to the sauce and it's done.



Once the sauce is finished, the rest is REALLY easy.



Just wash some of your favorite vegetables and cut them into edible sizes. I used onions, enoki mushrooms, white mushrooms, napa, bok choy and udon noodles.



We left our table top grill at a friend's house, so I used our jungol pot tonight.



Add a piece of dashima and moo into the water and let it boil for a while. The MR said that some people even put in a tablespoon of miso into it too.



Once the water is boiling strongly, start adding your meat and vegetables.



Pick out what you want and dip it into the dipping sauce and enjoy! We reserved the leftover broth because I'm going to make jook with it tomorrow~ =)

4 comments:

  1. again... YUM!! you are such a great cook~you need to open up your own restaurant! if i were in la, i'd be in there every night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this! I LOVE it!!!!

    hpl

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got to your site a few times per week for recipe ideas!! most awesome. thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share