Monday, May 4, 2009

Dduk Gook using Gom Gook Broth - (떡국)

I know I made dduk gook before, but I just thought I would do a quick how-to using gom gook. It's easy!


IMG_4087
First start off with about 4-5 cups of gom gook broth. The broth was really thick, so I diluted it with a little bit of water. I then added about 1 TB of gook ganjang, some minced garlic, and some salt. Do you see a pattern here? =P


IMG_4088 IMG_4086
Fry some eggs. You can be lazy and fry the yolk and white together, or you can take the time to fry it separately like this. I just had a little more time this morning so I thought I would make it look pretty for you readers. =P


IMG_4089
I had a little bit of beef leftover, so I just seasoned it lightly with soy sauce.


IMG_4093
Cut some gim up into strips using scissors.


IMG_4090
Do the same with everything else....


IMG_4095
Bring the broth to a boil and do a quick taste test. Then add your dduk and let it boil again until the dduk is done.


IMG_4097
Plate the dduk gook first...


IMG_4098
Then arrange all your toppings and you're ready to serve! Enjoy~~~

Tomorrow, I'm going to use the remaining gom gook to make some miyuk gook. I will post a how-to of that as well just because I'm bored here FAR away from home and friends. =P Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this reciepe - I didn't know you could make dduk gook with gom gook soup - very nifty!

    Just wanted to let you know I've been working some more on my blog. It's still a work in process :) Right now I only have one reciepe up, but since I'm a first timer, I thought I'd start out with something super easy. You should check it out when you have time. I'll try to be as diligent as you and continue to update it :)

    www.happilyeatingmywaythroughlife.blogspot.com.

    P.S. I'm still praying for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there! i just tried to search your gom gook recipe an dcan't find it...do you mind sending it to me? i kinda know but i always reference your website. hee hee. xoxo helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. your dduk gook pictures are making me very very hungry!!! I have had thousands of bowls of dduk gook over the years and can't wait to reach the millions....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share