Sunday, May 3, 2009

Moo Gook - Daikon Radish Soup - Version 2.0 - (무우국)

Don't you just love how there are so many ways to cook the same dish? =P You can make my mom's 경상도 style mook gook or you can make the following more traditional moo gook.


IMG_4075
I took out the moo pieces from the gom gook I'm currently making before they got too soft and chopped it up like so.


IMG_4073
Then I got a few cup fulls of gom gook (which has only cooked for about 5 hours) and put it in another smaller pot. I didn't measure exactly, but I would say this is about 7 cups of broth.



IMG_4081
Add your moo pieces and a few pieces of beef...


IMG_4077
Season it accordingly with some gook ganjang and salt to taste (and I addeds 1/2 TB of minced garlic). Again, I didn't measure - just do it according to your taste buds.


IMG_4082
Finally, throw in some green onions and you're ready to serve!


IMG_4084
YUMMY, delicious moo gook using the broth from gom gook. The gom gook is still cooking and will cook for about another 9 hours or so. It will be our family's breakfast for tomorrow! I'm going to make dduk gook with the broth as well, so if I have time I'll post that up. There are just SO many things you can make with gom gook broth. Get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share