Thursday, October 6, 2011

RIP Steve Jobs

“Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” -Steve Jobs-

To understand what an impact Steve Jobs made on the world, you need to look no further than my own mother. She is in her sixties and has never really used the computer, let alone the internet. For her sixtieth birthday, I bought her an iPad. I’ll admit that I secretly hoped that she wouldn’t learn how to use it and then I could *conveniently* just use said iPad myself. Well, I gave her the iPad in March of this year and I haven’t seen it since. I thought that she would rarely use it or at the least, we could *share* it. My sixty year old mother is now surfing the internet, watching old school Korean dramas via Crunchy Roll, sending/receiving emails, buying stuff on Amazon, playing games like Mr. Giggle – heck, she even has Facebook! At any time in the day she has downtime, I can find her curled up on the couch with her iPad in hand.

That is what Steve Jobs did. He was able to connect people to the world in a way that wasn’t difficult or intimidating.

Rest in peace dear sir, and fu*k cancer.

Yes, the blog is up and running again. I will be back with an update on myself later.

5 comments:

  1. omg..don't say that you'll be dead soon =/ It makes me sad. even the Stem Cell Transplant did CURES HIV In 'Berlin Patient'. I can't wait to see your next poxt :3 take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post about the good that steve jobs has done for us and our families. glad to hear you'll blog some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see your site back up !!!!!!!!!!! i was worried your site was gone forever!!
    I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^^i second that! i was crushed and was so mad at myself i didnt save all the recipes on a word document or something...and im glad you are back, hope every thing is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I found your blog by chance while searching for korean chicken ginseng soup recipe. I just want to wish you wellness, happiness and that may you have a good permanent recovery. I look forward to continue seeing your many many many future posts on yr blog. Best wishes always!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share